Alfalfa Leaf Powder - Organic
Our Organic Alfalfa Leaf Powder is a complete, well rounded source of vitamins
and minerals that is extremely beneficial to the body. The leaves of this amazing plant contain eight amino
acids as well as calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorous, iron sulfides, choline and beta-carotene.
It is said to be an excellent source of Vitamins A, B, D, C, E and K as well as zinc calcium. Alfalfa leaves
are rich in saponins, phytoestrogen and antioxidants.
Alfalfa Leaf is known as "The Father of all Foods" and has been used for years in Chinese medicine to combat a
variety of illnesses from kidney stones to rheumatism and arthritis. First used by the Arabs, they gave Alfalfa
Leaf to their horses to keep them swift, healthy and strong.
Alfalfa is a true superfood that promotes overall health and wellness. Commonly used as an herbal diuretic and
laxative, it can naturally relieve constipation and help with digestive problems such as indigestion and gastritis.
It can be beneficial in boosting a sluggish appetite and calming a general upset stomach.
Alfalfa leaf is also used to detoxify the body by cleaning the liver, being useful as a natural remedy kidney and
urinary tract infections. It has also been used to help women suffering from menopausal symptoms. Alfalfa Leaf is
known to be used as an anti-fungal agent and can eliminate water retention.
Alfalfa Leaf aids in the assimilation of protein, fats and carbohydrates. Alfalfa leaf can even reduce plaque in
the arteries that can help fight heart disease. It can be highly beneficial against both anemia and asthma. The
rich amount of vitamins and minerals found in alfalfa can help with malnutrition from anorexia or other disorders.
Alfalfa Leaf is high in alkaline and can therefore be used to remedy acidic conditions. Alfalfa can increase the
ability of blood to clot after injury; therefore alfalfa should not be used while taking aspirin or anti-clotting
Some of the possible health benefits of the Alfalfa Leaf:
● Excellent natural laxative and diuretic
● Detoxification of the urinary tract, and urinary tract infections
● Reduces excess water retention in the bladder
● Excellent natural source of vitamin K
● Well-known blood and liver purifier of chemicals and heavy metals
● Eases joint problems, skin issues and foul breath
● Has a strong alkaline effect on the body
● Excellent neutralizer for the acids in the intestinal tract
● Eases general digestive problems, gastritis and indigestion
● Reduces migraine headaches through combined high magnesium and calcium levels
● Contains bioflavonoids that stop the inflammation of the stomach lining
● Contains high levels of enzymes for food digestion and assimilation
● Lowers bad forms of cholesterol, and reduces the incidence of atherosclerotic plaques
● Stabilizes blood sugar levels, particularly when taken in conjunction with manganese
● Improves pituitary gland functioning
● Stimulates the immune-system
● High level of vitamin K adds to the effective healing of bleeding gums and nosebleeds
● High bioflavonoid count increases blood capillary strength
● High levels of Vitamin K2 may partially prevent bone loss due to lack of estrogen in menopausal women
Alfalfa is most commonly added to other herbs due to its high level of nutritional qualities. It should be used in
this fresh, raw form to gain the maximum amount of essential nutrients it has to offer. Add to baths or body wraps
to soothe aching muscles or to relieve swelling of the body. Ingest in teas, smoothies or mix with juice. Feel the
powerful benefits of this true superfood today with our Organic Alfalfa Leaf powder.
Suggested Use: Mix 1 tablespoon with juice, yogurt or add to your favorite smoothie.
Botanical Name: Medicago Sativa
Other Names: Lucerne, Buffalo Herb, Lucerne, Purple Medic, Buffalo Grass
Origin: USA - Certified Organic